The principal aim of WELMEC is to establish a harmonised and consistent approach to European legal metrology. Currently 38 countries are represented in the WELMEC Committee.
The WELMEC Committee approved the following documents:
- WELMEC strategy document;
- Procedure for WELMEC activities (amended in 2016);
- Contribution guidelines (2013);
- Guidelines for Working Groups;
- Financial policy on travel expenses (update 2015);
- Procedure for Proxy voting during Committee meetings (2016)
A lot of WELMEC's work is done by its Working Groups. These groups produce guidance documents which are available on this website.
- 23-03-17: New WELMEC delegate for Hungary
- 10-03-17: Invitation to 33rd WELMEC Committee meeting has been send out. Login to the Private Area to register.
- 15-02-17: New WELMEC delegate for Croatia
- 26-01-17: Guide 10.8, 2016 Common application of MID MI-005 and OIML R117-1, (R81, R80, R139) and Guide 10.10, 2016 Guide on evaluation of Purely Digital Parts are accepted by Working Group Measuring Instruments and now published.
- 20-01-17: French translation of Guide 2.5 issue 2 is published
- 12-01-17: WELMEC has renumbered en relocated the tables that describes in details the correspondence of OIML recommendations and MID/NAWID. You will find the corresponding tables via the new menu item Corresponding Tables on the left.
- 25-11-16: New WELMEC delegate for Sweden
- 25-11-16: Published Guide 10.8, 2016 Common application of MID MI-005 and OIML R117-1, (R81, R80, R139) This guide is available to the Working Group Measuring Instruments for future reference on the Europa Website.
- 23-11-16: Published 3rd edition of Metrology in short and the final public report on a joint project for market surveillance in the field of measuring instruments by WG 5. Both documents are available in the Library
- 9-11-16: New WELMEC delegate for Spain
- 07-9-16: Published Guide 10.10, 2016 Guide on evaluation of Purely Digital Parts. This guide is available to the Working Group Measuring Instruments for future reference on the Europa Website.
- 22-8-16: Published Procedure for Proxy voting during Committee meetings
- 08-8-16: New WELMEC delegate for Poland
- 11-7-16: Published Guide 1, 2016 WELMEC An introduction
- 20-6-16: Published French translation of Guide 5.2
- 26-5-16: New WELMEC delegate for Luxembourg.
- 13-5-16: Kosovo welcomed as Associate member
- 13-5-16: New WELMEC Vice Chair elected
- 13-5-16: 32nd Committee meeting held in Helsinki, Finland.
Read more and download the group picture in full size.
- 10-5-16: Convenor meeting held in Helsinki, Finland
- 9-5-16: New WELMEC delegate for Slovakia
- 4-5-16: New WELMEC delegate for Serbia
- 1-5-16: Published German translation of Guide 7.2
- 29-4-16: New WELMEC delegate for Belgium.
- 22-4-16: New WELMEC delegate for Portugal
- 6-4-16: Guide 6.4, 2015 Guide for packers and importers of e-marked prepacked products published.
- 6-4-16: New WELMEC delegate for Cyprus.
- 6-4-16: The English version of The 'Blue Guide' on the implementation of EU product rules 2016 was adopted today and is published at ec.europa.eu/DocsRoom/documents/16210.
- 1-4-16: Guide 7.2, 2015 Czech translation published.
- During the 50th CIML meeting in Arcachon, France, Mr José Cartaxo Reis, WELMEC member for Portugal, received an OIML medal for his contribution to the work of the OIML.
- 29-2-16: The following Guides will be referenced by the WGMI and are now published:
Guide 8.0 Notified bodies directive 2014/31/EC and Directive 2014/32/EC Generalities on Assessment and Operation
(NEW) Guide 11.5 Utility meters and ancillary devices
(NEW) Guide 11.6 Modular evaluation of Gas meters and Volume Conversion Devices
- 5-2-16: The following Guides will be referenced by the WGMI and are now published:
Guide 2, 2015 DIRECTIVE 2009/23/EC: Common application non-automatic weighing instruments
Guide 5.2, 2015 Market Surveillance Guide (NAWI and MID)
Guide 7.2, 2015 Software Guide (Measuring Instruments 2014/32/EU) also applicable to 2004/22/EC
Guide 11.1, 2015 Measuring Instruments Directive 2004/22/EC – Common Application for Utility Meters
Guide 11.4, 2015 Guide for information in the type examination certificate, to be borne by and to be accompanied (or provided) by the markings on the gas meters
- 28-1-16: Country info Portugal updated.
- 25-1-16: Country info Latvia updated
- 14-1-16: New WELMEC delegate for Malta
- 1-1-16: Change in WELMEC secretariat
- 1-1-16: New WELMEC delegate for Denmark
- 1-10-15: Serbian translations of most used guides are now available for download.
- 29-9-15: New WELMEC delegate for Bulgaria
- 8-9-15: email vote on Guide 8.0, 2015 has been send out. Voting ends on 5 October 2015.
- 31-7-15: Guide 4.1 is withdrawn. It is still published but for reference purposes only.
- New WELMEC delegate for Hungary
- New WELMEC delegate for the Republic of Lithuania
- International Award for Excellent Achievements in Legal Metrology in Developing Countries received by Serbia
- 5-5-15: 31st WELMEC Committee meeting was held in Belgrade and hosted by Directorate of Measures and Precious Metals.
- 4-5-15: Second Convenors meeting was held in Belgrade and hosted by Directorate of Measures and Precious Metals.
- 17-4-15: The Chairpersons' Group met in Prague to prepare the 31st Committee meeting.
- 17-4-15: As of 16 April Mr. Ferenc Monus of MKEH, Hungarian Trade Licensing Office, has retired. As regards professional questions, as of 16 April 2015 please contact the Metrology Authority at mfo(at)mkeh.hu.
p.a. Kennemerpark 82
NL-2015 KM Overveen