Working Group 6: Prepackages
The tasks of WG 6 are to come to a uniform application of the directives and regulations relating to prepackaged products as far as particular sizes, packaging and market surveillance are concerned.
WG 6 furthermore understands itself as a platform for exchange of information on all matter relating to the sale of products sold by quantity.
Its experts also give advice to the Commission on aspects to be considered in new legislation relating to prepackages and opinions to Competent Departments, Packers and Importers on various practical issues relating to prepackages and other products sold by quantity if required to do so.
The following Terms of Reference have been adopted for WELMEC Working Group 6:
- Come to a uniform application of the directives and regulations relating to:
- prepackaged products
- nominal quantities
- Establish a platform for exchange of information on all matters relating to the sale of prepacked1 products sold by quantity (either under European or national legislation);
- As experts, give advice to the Commission on aspects to be considered in new and existing legislation relating to prepackages
- Give opinions to Competent Departments; Packers and Importers on various practical issues relating to prepackages and other prepacked products
- Produce practical guidance on checking products in the marketplace for compliance to European legislation on prepacked product
1'Prepacked' means made up in advance, in or on a container
Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy, BMWi (Germany)
SPF Economie - Ministére des Affaires économiques (Belgium)
NMi Certin BV (The Netherlands)